Condensed Aerosol Fire Suppression
Condensed aerosol fire suppression is a particle-based form of fire extinction similar to gaseous fire suppression or dry chemical fire extinction. The aerosol employs a fire extinguishing agent consisting of very fine solid particles and gaseous matter to extinguish fires. The condensed aerosol microparticles and effluent gases are generated by the exothermic reaction; until discharged from the device, the particles remain in vapor state. They are cooled and "condensed" within the device and discharged as solid particles.
Compared to gaseous suppressants, which emit only gas, and dry chemical suppression agents, which are powder-like particles of a large size (25–150 micrometres), condensed aerosols are defined by the National Fire Protection Association as releasing finely-divided solids of less than 10 micrometres in diameter. The solid particulates have a considerably smaller mass median aerodynamic diameter (MMAD) than those of dry chemical suppression agents, remain airborne significantly longer, and leave much less residue within the protected area. Whereas dry chemical systems must be directly aimed at the flame, condensed aerosols are flooding agents and therefore effective regardless of the location and height of the fire. Wet chemical systems, such as the kind generally found in foam extinguishers, must, similarly to dry chemical systems, be sprayed directionally onto the fire. The condensed aerosol agent can be delivered by means of mechanical operation, electric operation, or combined electro-mechanical operation.
Aerosol is a superior product compared to traditional fire extinguishing systems (water, foam, powder and gas):
- Effect on humans: harmless
- Effect on materials: no damage
- Effect on the environment: harmless
- Simple installation and maintenance
Development of Improved
- Higher effectiveness, A stronger aerosol, resulting in less. Less extinguishing agent, less work, less cost.
- Lower discharge temperature , ensures that there may be even closer working obstacles, making the projection easier and hard to reach areas to protect against fire.
- More transparent and snow-white discharge, results in an improved field of view.
- Environmental neutrality, Sustainable and environmentally friendly
- Integrated connector - For even easier installation and faster maintenance.
- Faster extinction - Better and more effective conversion of solid to extinguishing phase.